Saturday, November 1, 2014

Review: Stepbrother Dearest by Penelope Ward

Stepbrother DearestStepbrother Dearest by Penelope Ward
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is the first book I have read by author Penelope Ward and my only question is WHY DID I TAKE SO LONG? OMG this book wrenched my heart out, ran it over with a truck and kicked it in the dirt only to revive it and start the whole process all over again! I loved every agonizing second of it. Talk about a book hangover. WOW!

Greta is in for the shock of her life when her stepbrother Elec moves in to her house. He is an infuriating jerk, cocky, arrogant and does anything he can to get a rise out of her. The worst part of it all is that he sends chills down her spine and makes her feel things she never felt before.

Elec is super sexy with the bad boy vibe that reeled me in from the second he was introduced into the story. I loved how the author showed glimpses of the heart Elec tried to keep hidden. I knew he had stollen mine but never expected the story would fast forward years ahead to see the man he had become. So much pain and agony in this character only made we want to grab him and take it all away. I swear I cried a dozen times but couldn't stop reading.

Stepbrother Dearest is a brilliant love story. Painful at times, but truly worth every second of heartache I felt. "You're the only girl in the entire world that's forbidden, and f**k me if that doesn't make me want you more than anything."

Thrown into the story there were plenty of LOL moments to help ease some of the pain. One particular quote that had me laughing until my sides hurt. "How did I end up rolling around in bed in the middle of night with Elec holding a rubber cock against me? I was laughing so hard that I thought I might die from it. Death by dildo."

I have read a lot of books, but there are very few that I know I will read again and again. Stepbrother Dearest is definitely one of those books. It sticks with you and leaves you wanting more. I highly recommend grabbing a copy, getting comfortable and diving in. Make sure you have plenty of time because you will not want to put it down. (Don't forget to have tissues handy)


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment