Sunday, September 21, 2014

Review: Juliet Immortal by Stacey Jay

Title: Juliet Immortal
Author: Stacey Jay
Series: Juliet Immortal #1
Pages: 306
Rating: 4/5 Stars
Summary: The most tragic love story in history . . . Juliet Capulet didn't take her own life. She was murdered by the person she trusted most, her new husband, Romeo Montague, a sacrifice made to ensure his own immortality. But what Romeo didn't anticipate was that Juliet would be granted eternity, as well, and would become an agent for the Ambassadors of Light. For 700 years, she's fought Romeo for the souls of true lovers, struggling to preserve romantic love and the lives of the innocent. Until the day she meets someone she's forbidden to love, and Romeo, oh Romeo, will do everything in his power to destroy that love. "These violent delights have violent ends And in their triumph die, like fire and powder, Which as they kiss consume." —Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare
Review: I have to be honest, originally I bought this book because it was on the sale table for $4.99 and I liked the cover lol. Then it just sat on my shelf forever but I finally picked it up and I really enjoyed it. I love that it was a Romeo and Juliet retelling but with a really cool spin on the original. Although I enjoyed it, something was holding me back so I could only give it a 4 star rating. I think that it was because of how much of a doormat Aerial/ Juliet let herself become. Her best friend treated her like shit and so did Dylan/ Romeo, she needs to balls up big time. I also found it annoying that she wouldn't just admit that she liked Ben, like why lie to yourself, it's only hurting you and him. I know that Romeo is the bad guy but I do kind of feel bad for him.  Overall this was a great read and I did pick up the companion Romeo Redeemed to see his side of the story, so we will see. I would recommend this novel to those who enjoy retellings.


About this author

Stacey Jay is a recovering workaholic (or at least working hard at recovering) with three pen names, two small children, and a passion for playing pretend for a living. She’s been a full time mom-writer since 2005 and can't think of anything she'd rather be doing. Her former careers include theatre performer, professional dancer, poorly paid C-movie actress, bartender, waiter, math tutor (for real) and yoga instructor. Learn more at http://staceyjay.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment