Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Author Brenda Pandos-My reviews for The Emerald Talisman & Everblue


I met author Brenda Pandos at UtopYA 2014.  I had already read Everblue and knew I just had to meet her and  of course purchase all her other books.  LOL  I am posting  reviews for the two books that I have read to date.  I am anxious to get to the others.  Not only is Brenda a wonderful author, but she is so funny and a super nice person.  I hope you enjoy my reviews and check out her work.
The Emerald Talisman (Bk.1 Talisman Series)
Blurb:
To be normal, sixteen-year-old Julia Parker would shed her empathic gift in a second. Life has been difficult since her mother's mysterious disappearance ten years earlier - an event she witnessed, but can't remember. Julia's situation becomes more complicated after a near death experience from a blood thirsty stalker. As high school students go missing it is clear there is a connection to her own experience--past and present. Someone has to stop the madness and a chance encounter with a creepy psychic foretells that only Julia is the key to stopping the madness, but it may require the life of the one she loves.
My review:
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. It took me a few chapters to get really pulled into the story, but once I got there I couldn't put it down. 

Julia has a rare gift that allows her to feel what others emotions. I had sympathy for her throughout the book because I put myself in her shoes and I cannot imagine how overwhelming it would be to have to experience so many different emotions all at once. Add to that her own feelings and being 16, I remember my own emotions being all over the place. Julia has also lost her mom, but try as she might, she can't remember what exactly happened the day she disappeared. That alone would drive someone crazy, but Julia is strong and doesn't let her gift and the crazy events that seem to find her stop her from living life.

Nicholas comes into the story after he saves Julia from nearly falling off a cliff. Julia feels a connection with him but doesn't quite understand it. All she knows is that she needs to be near him. Nicholas doesn't make that easy for her and makes her doubt the feelings she has for him.

The vampires in this book are not your typical sparkly or romantic vamps. They are all about blood sucking and murdering their prey. I liked that about this book. It is a different take on vampires and very refreshing. 

I am looking forward to reading The Sapphire Talisman to find out what happens next. I want to know more about Nicholas and his father. Plus I want to know more about how Julia aquired her gift. I can't wait to read more!
The Emerald Talisman is currently FREE on Amazon
Everblue (Bk.1 Mer Tales)
Blurb:
She wanted her life to change... he wanted his to stay the same.

Best friends share everything with each other. Or do they? Seventeen-year-old Ashlyn Frances Lanski is tired of her boring, single life. Spending time with her best friend Tatiana, dreaming about kissing Tatiana's twin brother Fin, and swimming competitively are her only sanctuary. The girls plan to leave their drab lakeside town far behind for college. But when Tatchi fails to return home after a family emergency, and no one knows where the family has gone, Ash chooses to do something drastic to find them. 

Ashlyn is about to discover what she'd thought to be true her whole life, wasn't, and the truth, too fantastical to imagine. Secrets lurk beneath the deep blue waters of Lake Tahoe, secrets that will change Ashlyn's life forever.
My Review:
Everblue is a thrilling tale of friendship, love and longing. If you like stories with an unforgetable romance, this book should quench your thirst. Ashlyn and Tatiana are best friends. Fin is Tatiana's twin brother, who is to die for. Out of nowhere the family leaves their home. Ash is hurt and worried that she didn't receive any kind of warning, no phone call or even a note. She wants answers and chooses to go to extreme measures to find them.

I really enjoyed this book. I became totally enamured with Fin and the underwater world Brenda Pandos has created. I highly recommend this book. I am ready to read Evergreen, the next book in this exciting series.
Everblue is currently FREE on Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment