Friday, January 24, 2014

Author Madison Daniel


I would like to welcome author Madison Daniel to our blog!  I thought we could get to know him a little better, so without further delay here is our interview!

1. How many books have you written to date? Of those books which is your favorite and why?
MD: Around 8 books. There is my short novella, BRIGHT EYES. My dark anthology, BEYOND THE NEVER. My joint collaboration with Rue Volley called PATAGONIA: CITY OF GHOSTS. My new Adventure/Sci-Fi series, LUCAS RYAN VERSUS: THE HIVE. And finally, my original YA/Paranormal saga, THE EMBER SERIES. The series is actually in the process of an overhaul with new titles, new covers, and fresh edits. I’ll have an announcement about that very soon as well. There will be 4 books in all, in the series.
I also have two other series I will be launching this year, and the sequel to Lucas Ryan Versus. Also, I have a surprise book with D. Love coming very soon.
My fav? Hmmm…that would probably be The Ember Series, the final book. It’s my best writing, and the Ember Heads have been waiting patiently to see how it all ends. I hope they embrace it like the other books in the saga.
2. What are you currently working on?
MD: Jeez…too much! There’s the final book in my Ember Series. The sequel to Lucas Ryan Versus. A short novella called HUNGER CITY. My new vampire series, BLEED LIKE ME. And finally, the special surprise I am finishing up with Derinda Love. Our readers and fans should love it!!! 
3. What is your favorite quote?
MD: “Be like water.” ~ Bruce Lee
4. Who has been your biggest influence in writing?
MD: Not any particular person. I am greatly influenced by music, cartoons, and comic books.
5. Do you ever experience writer's block? If so, how do you get through it?
MD: I’ve never had a block. I’m always dreaming. I have a stockpile of ideas to fall back on if a particular WIP isn’t working. I do experience the occasional writers fork-in-the-road though. That is when you have too many ideas, too many options to write, and you freeze up, not sure what road to take. Ha.
6. If you could travel to any place in the world, where would you go and why?
MD: It’s a toss up between Rome, Italy or Maui, Hawaii. 
7. Describe yourself in 5 words.
MD: “Be excellent to each other!”
8. What is something that we would be surprised to know about you?
MD: I love to swim, but I am TERRIFIED of deep water.
9. If you could make one wish, what would it be?
MD: For some of my fellow indie authors to achieve mainstream success. There is so much talent out there, it’s mind-blowing. I’m looking at you, Rue Volley, Cameo Renae, Derinda Love, Nely Cab, Alexia Purdy, Raine Thomas, Wayne Rutherford, Kristy Berridge, etc…
10. Who is your favorite author?
MD: Stephen King. Favorite Indie author is Cameo Renae.
THANK YOU for having me! It was a blast! I hope to do this again! Talk to you soon! ~ Mads
Links:
 Website 
And now the books!!
Being ReVamped Coming soon!
Coming Soon!!  I can't wait!
Lucas Ryan Versus
A day in the life of the world’s newest hero.

Video games. Homework. High school. Bullies. Detention. Crushes. Secrets. Other dimensions. Monsters. Super powers.

The end of the world.

Lucas Ryan is on the edge of an epic journey. One that will test his friendships, reveal a hidden secret and challenge his young heart. Prepare yourself for an adventure wrapped in music, imagination and sacrifice.

You will believe.

LUCAS RYAN VERSUS: THE HIVE
Book One in the Lucas Ryan Versus Series
Beyond the Never
Five tales of illusion, nightmares and love.

What lies before you is the culmination of five talented and unforgiving imaginations. A collage of dreams and landscapes woven together in words. Five authors sharing their stories and trusting in each other completely. The idea was a simple one; write a single chapter and pass it along. No rules, no regrets, no take backs. Just write what you want and never look back. The five short stories in this anthology were constructed with this idea as their guidelines. Together they make up what can only be described as a “dark amusement ride” for your mind.

Turn out the lights, take a deep breath and prepare to go Beyond.

Merciless - The beasts within...
Vapor - The unseen...
All Fall Down - Beware the divine...
Forbidden - Into the deep...
Snake Dance - The future is now...

Embrace your light. The darkness will find you.
Patagonia
Meet Paige, a girl who would love to live a normal life, but after a hellish invasion of earth she finds herself thrown into survival mode, battling to maintain some sort of humanity.

Fighting for lifegiving water as the earth dies, she encounters a stranger, a boy by the name of Fin, who will show her things she never imagined possible.

What if the world you knew was a lie?
Welcome to Patagonia, city of ghosts.
Bright Eyes
Michael has a secret.

A dark and haunting secret. One night. One date. One nightmare come to life.

Get lost in a short story of young love/lust, music and horror.

BRIGHT EYES: What lovely eyes you have...

1 comment:

  1. Great interview Tina, as always I love the information you can pull from Authors!

    ReplyDelete